SKIP TO: ADRCs | Advocacy Groups | Caregiver Resources |Health Insurance & Medications
Long Term Care | Scams & Consumer Protection | Social Security | Tribal | Veterans | Wellness
ADRCs of Surrounding Counties
- ADRC of Barron, Rusk, Washburn
- ADRC of the North: Serves Ashland Co, Bayfield Co, Iron Co, Price Co, Sawyer Co and the Bad River Tribe, Lac Courte Oreilles Tribe, Red Cliff Tribe
- ADRC of St Croix County
- ADRC of Dunn County
- ADRC of Douglas County
- ADRC of Eau Claire County
- ADRC of Chippewa County
- Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups (CWAG)
- Disability Rights Wisconsin (DRW)
- Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources, Inc. (GWAAR)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Wisconsin’s Family Caregiver Support Programs Website
- Wisconsin Family Caregiver Support Programs Facebook Page
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- AARP Caregiving Resources
- Alzheimer’s Family and Caregiver Support Program
Health Insurance & Medications
- Health Insurance Marketplace: On-line tool to compare, shop for, and enroll in private health insurance policies. WI residents should use this site.
- Medicare Educational Videos: presented by GWAAR to help better understand the world of Medicare.
- Medicare Basics Handout (PDF)
- Medicare Covered Services
- Medicare Plan Finder
- Medigap Helpline: Toll-free service intended to help evaluate your Medicare supplement options
- Social Security
Medicaid (MA, Medical Assistance)
- ACCESS: Online application tool from the State of WI for Medicaid programs and FoodShare
- BadgerCare+: Information from the State of Wisconsin for BC+, the Medicaid program that provides healthcare coverage to families
- Forward Health: Information from the State of Wisconsin for Medicaid services offered to the elderly, blind or disabled; Wisconsin Well Woman Program and Chronic Disease coverage is also discussed.
- Great Rivers Consortium: Regional consortium of economic support units that determines program eligibility and ongoing status of beneficiaries
- Social Security
Prescription Drug Coverage
- Disability Drug Benefit Helpline: Can assist disabled Medicare beneficiaries with Part D plan choice, problems, and questions
- Medicare Part D
- NeedyMeds: Run by a non-profit group. Clearinghouse for prescription assistance programs from other non-profits, as well as prescription assistance programs offered by pharmaceutical companies.
- Wisconsin SHIP Medigap Part D and Prescription Hotline: Assists Medicare beneficiaries with Part D plan choice, problems, and questions
- Wisconsin SeniorCare: Senior (60 years of age and older) drug coverage offered through the State of Wisconsin
Long Term Care
- Long Term Care Planning–Administration for Community Living: Through videos and many resources, learn about planning ahead for the long term, what long-term care is, options, and paying for long-term care services.
- Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2018 Results: Get average costs of care for long-term care services for your state and region of the state in which you live.
- WI Department of Health Services – Family Care Homepage
- IRIS Program (WI DHS)
- Board on Aging and Long Term Care Ombudsman Program: The Long Term Care Ombudsman Program provides advocacy services to persons age 60 and older who are consumers of Wisconsin long-term care programs. The Ombudsman Program has, by law, the authority to have contact with any resident or tenant of a Wisconsin nursing home, Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF), Residential Care Apartment Complex (RCAC), Adult Family Home (AFH), or person served by the community Options Program or the Family Care/Partnership/PACE program.
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services Division of Quality Assurance Provider Search: Search licensed residential care facilities in the State of Wisconsin to view recent surveys conducted, complaints, and violations.
Scams and Consumer Protection
- Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP): Empowering Seniors to Prevent Healthcare Fraud
- IC3: Internet Crime Complaint Center: Report internet crime, scams, and fraud.
- AARP Fraud Watch Network: Scams in Your State: Report scams, get scam updates and see what scams are happening in your state.
- Federal Trade Commission: Consumer Information: Knowing how to protect your information — and your identity — is a must in the 21st century. Here are some tips for doing it effectively
Social Security – Retirement, SSDI, and SSI
- Social Security Administration
- Apply for Disability
- Retirement Planner: Find your retirement age, estimate your retirement benefits, learn about Social Security programs, learn about your retirement options, apply for retirement benefits, apply for Medicare, and connect to other retirement planning websites.
- Disability Planner
- My Social Security: Personal, secure account to check your Social Security information
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Special Needs Trusts for People Living with a Disability
- County Veterans Services Officers Association of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Department of Veteran Affairs
- Polk County Veterans Service Office
- Burnett County Veterans Service Office
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Go4Life (sponsored by National Institute on Aging)
- National Center on Health, Physical Activity, and Disability (University of Alabama)
- Polk United
- Healthy Burnett
- Rehab Center: Free mental health and addiction resources
- American Cancer Society – Stay Healthy
- Mental Health Task Force of Polk County
- National Institue on Aging
- My Plate Kitchen